It’s ‘Wheely Easy’ to join us!
We warmly welcome cyclists wanting to try the Wheel Easy leisure cycling club experience. You can call us or email, or just turn up at Hornbeam Park station car park on a Sunday or Wednesday. We assemble from about 9.15am ready for a 9.30am start. Click here if you need a map and/or directions. (Also on Wednesdays at Knaresborough Low Bridge at 10.00am.) We do not charge a guest fee, but we recommend you should have some money with you as our rides almost always include refreshment stops.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the Wheel Easy group, please feel free to contact us.
James Grimshaw 01423 864622
Gia and Malcolm Margolis 07711 294265
Here are some suggestions of what you might bring with you on your first ride:
• any type of bike in roadworthy condition
• a helmet
• water bottle and snack bar or fruit
• some money for a refreshment stop
• a mobile phone
• clothing appropriate for the weather
• lights if the visibility could be poor
• a smile!
Experienced riders also carry some other items with them, which are essential on longer distances and when cycling on your own, but don’t worry if you don’t have these with you at first as there will be plenty of help on the ride if needed:
• a spare inner tube
• a tyre pump
• some tools (an allen key & screwdriver set, plus tyre levers generally suffice).
How to join
Having completed your first ride, we hope you’ll want to return and become a member of Wheel Easy. If you haven’t been given a Membership Form and Guarantor Letter on your first ride, you can download them Membership Form (docx) (Word Format – Download may take a few seconds, format may vary on different systems). They can also be downloaded as a PDF file Membership Form pdf
Options for submission and payment are:
- Email the completed Form and Letter, and make a payment by BACS: Email: email@example.com
Wheel Easy Leisure Cycling Limited, Nat West Bank,
Sort Code: 53-50-21 Account No: 55498329.
The reference should be your full name.
- Post / deliver the forms and a cheque (payable to “Wheel Easy Leisure Cycling Ltd”) to the Membership Secretary:
14 Dragon Parade, Harrogate HG1 5DA
- Bring the forms and cash/cheque in an envelope to one of the rides an hand them to Monica or a committee member (just ask to be directed to them).
Once we have your email address, you will be added to our email list and will receive regular updates on rides and other Wheel Easy matters.
So what are you waiting for!?
If you are renewing your membership see the relevant webpage.
Disclaimer: All rides are at your own risk. Please ensure that you have your own third party insurance (check your house insurance) and consider Cycling UK membership.