It’s ‘Wheely Easy’ to join us!
We warmly welcome cyclists wanting to try the Wheel Easy leisure cycling club experience. You can call us or email, or just turn up at Harrogate Showground on a Sunday or Wednesday. We assemble from about 9.15am ready for a 9.30am start. Click here for locations and times. Guests are welcome; no fee but we recommend you should have some money with you as our rides almost always include a café stop.
Here are some suggestions of what you might bring with you on your first ride:
• any type of bike in roadworthy condition (including e-bikes which are welcome)
• a helmet
• water bottle and snack bar or fruit
• some money for a refreshment stop
• a mobile phone
• clothing appropriate for the weather
• lights if the visibility could be poor
• a smile!
Experienced riders also carry some other items with them, which are essential on longer distances and when cycling on your own, but don’t worry if you don’t have these with you at first as there will be plenty of help on the ride if needed:
• a spare inner tube
• a tyre pump
• some tools (an allen key or multi-tool, plus tyre levers generally suffice).
How to join
Having completed your first ride, we hope you’ll want to return and become a member of Wheel Easy. You can join online (preferred) using the link below. Once you have completed your application, please transfer the £5 subscription fee by BACS (preferred) using the details below, or one of the alternative methods.
Wheel Easy Leisure Cycling Limited, Nat West Bank,
Sort Code: 53-50-21 Account No: 55498329.
The reference should be your full name.
If you don’t want to use the online form then you can download and complete a copy using the buttons below. You can either post it, email it to Monica, our Membership Secretary, at the address below or hand it to Monica or a committee member at a club ride (just ask to be directed to them).
Postal address: Monica Webber, 25 Harlow Manor Park, Harrogate HG2 0EG
If you cannot pay by BACS, alternative payment options payment are:
- Post or deliver a cheque (payable to “Wheel Easy Leisure Cycling Ltd”) to Monica, our Membership Secretary
- Bring cash in an envelope with your name on to one of the rides and hand it to Monica or a committee member (just ask to be directed to them).
Once we have your email address, you will be added to our email list and will receive regular updates on rides and other Wheel Easy matters.
So what are you waiting for!?
Disclaimer: All rides are at your own risk.
Please ensure that you have your own third party insurance (check your house insurance) and consider Cycling UK membership.