There will be a club overseas trip to Mallorca in May 2023 which is open to all club members. It will operate on a self organising basis, with people booking their own flights, hotel and bike hire to provide maximum flexibility and minimise the administrative burden. Suggested options are listed below. The dates will be Saturday 6 May 2023 to Saturday 13 May 2023, and there will be a club presence there during that period. People can come for longer or just part of the week if that suits.
Obviously ride distance, profile and pace will vary depending on who decides to go, and any ride leaders will need to be volunteers from the groups, so if you want to go it might be best to discuss with those you usually ride with to see who might be interested. We will be based in Port de Pollença. There will be a WhatsApp group and we plan to have an optional evening meeting in Port de Pollença somewhere each day to coordinate groups and routes as appropriate, and a nominated start time and place if people choose different hotels. For clarity, the intention is to coordinate those who want to go to do what they want, and there will be help on hand, but it is not a fully organised trip.
For those that have not been before, Mallorca is seen by many as a cycling mecca. It is incredibly popular and well set up for cyclists. There are plenty of interesting routes on good roads, ranging from flat, quiet back roads to classic climbs and longer mountain days. Road surfaces are generally good and the drivers are courteous. Many UK clubs use it, as well as several of the pro teams for their winter training camps.
The following flights are currently available from Leeds Bradford:
- Ryanair 09:35 arrives Palma at 13:10
- Ryanair 17:05 arrives Palma at 20:40
- Jet2 15:55 arrives Palma at 19:40
- Jet2 Holidays 07:00 arrives Palma at 10:45 (package deal only)
- TUI 14:20 arrives Palma at 18:00
- Ryanair 13:45 arrives LBA at 15:25
- Ryanair 21:50 arrives LBA at 23:30
- Jet2 20:30 arrives LBA at 22:20
- Jet2 Holidays 11:35 arrives LBA at 13:25 (package deal only)
- TUI 14:20 arrives LBA at 18:00
There are many options, some of which are included in holiday company package deals. Some recommended options are:
- Pollenca Park and Spa Hotel www.cabot-hotels.com (included in Jet2 Holidays as a package)
- Duva Aparthotel www.duva-pollensa.com (not included in Jet2 Holidays, but available with OntheBeach)
- PortBlue Club Pollenca www.portbluehotels.com (a bit further out of town)
It is expected that some will go half board and some bed and breakfast, eating out in town.
- Pro Cycle Hire www.procyclehire.com
- Huerzeler Bike Hire www.huerzeler.com
- Mallorca Bike Hire www.mallorcabikehire.com
If you want to go, or of you have questions, the best thing is to join the WhatsApp group. Just send your mobile number to .