Club Charity Challenge Rides – 2 July
Request for volunteers
Members will recall that this event, including 40, 60 and 100 mile routes, is intended to provide an achievable challenge for club riders of all abilities, combined with raising funds for our chosen charity for this year, Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
The event will be open to families and friends of members.
Rider registration will be opening in early May, but in the meantime, we would like to identify around 14 volunteers for various roles on the day (and some beforehand). Offers to volunteer from family members would be appreciated, to allow as many club members to ride as possible.
More details will be provided in due course, but the roles for volunteers are as outlined below. Please note that the indicated times may be subject to change. Expenses will be reimbursed.
– Start of rides from Harrogate Hockey Club – 100 mile (7:00 to 8:00), 60 mile (9:00 to 10:00) and 40 mile (10:30 to 11:00) – 1 additional person.
– Feed station at Aldborough Village Hall, supporting the 60 and 100 mile rides (8:00 to 12:30) – 2 persons.
– Feed station at Marton Le Moor Meeting Room, supporting the 40 and 60 mile rides (11:30 to 14:30) – 2 persons.
– Feed station at Snape Village Institute – supporting the 100 mile ride (10:30 to 14:30) – 2 persons.
– Finish at Harrogate Club – (14:00 to 17:30) – 3 persons for ‘finish line’ and kitchen.
– Rider support – 2 persons, each with a vehicle capable of transporting say 2 bikes, one person to be located at Marton Le Moor and one at Snape.
– Bakers – 2 persons willing to bake 2 cakes, or tray bakes, for the event.
Volunteers are asked to respond to Fiona Walsh using the button below, indicating any preferred volunteer role.
Thank you in anticipation of offers of assistance and we look forward to a successful event.