To be held at 7pm Wednesday 25th November 2020
Under its company Articles, Wheel Easy Leisure Cycling Ltd (WELC) is required to hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM). This year’s AGM will focus on:
- the presentation and adoption of WELC’s statutory accounts, and
- the reappointment of the Chairman and the directors.
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic controls, the company’s directors have decided that it will not be possible to hold the AGM with the usual arrangements i.e. a members’ meeting. This means that it will not be possible to achieve a quorum by attendance and, without this, no resolutions can be passed. However, the directors have decided that a Covid-compliant meeting and a quorum can be achieved by:
- one or more directors being physically present at the AGM, and
- extremely importantly, members appointing an attending director as their proxy to vote on their behalf on the agenda items and resolutions using the proxy form provided.
Appointing a Proxy
As a result of these special AGM arrangements, you can appoint either the chairman of the meeting (Mr James Grimshaw) or any of the other directors attending (Mrs Helen Bevis or Mr Vince Grealy) to speak and vote (as your proxy) at the meeting on your behalf. Please refer to the Proxy Notice which accompanies this Notice.
- Company report
- Resolution 1: Approval of the Minutes of the General Meeting held on 8th May 2019
- Resolution 2: Approval of the 2019/20 accounts
- Resolution 3: Reappointment of director and Chairman – Mr James Grimshaw
- Resolution 4: Reappointment of director – Mr Michael Inglis
- Resolution 5: Reappointment of director – Mr Richard Leake
- Resolution 6: Reappointment of director – Mrs Virginia Margolis
- Resolution 7: Reappointment of director – Mrs Monica Webber
- Resolution 8: Reappointment of director – Mrs Helen Bevis
- Resolution 9: Reappointment of director – Mr John Hackett
- Resolution 10: Reappointment of director – Mr David Rang
- Resolution 11: Reappointment of director – Mr Vincent Grealy
- Resolution 12: Reappointment of director – Ms Yvonne Davies
- Resolution 13: Reappointment of director – Mrs Fiona Walsh
- Resolution 14: Reappointment of director – Mr Michael Walsh
- Resolution 15: Approval of Membership fees for the year commencing 1st April 2021. See explanatory note 1. below.
- Resolution 16: Approval of Membership fees holiday for the year commencing 1st April 2020. See explanatory note 2. below.
- Resolution 17: That the Management Committee is authorised, within a formal framework policy, to make donations to cycling-related good causes recommended by Members. See explanatory note 3. below.
- Any Other Business
- Agenda Item 17, Resolution 15: It is proposed to maintain the Membership fees at £5 for the year commencing 1st April 2021.
- Agenda Item 18, Resolution 16: As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, it is proposed that membership fees for the year commencing 1st April 2020 will be waived. Members who have already paid for that year will receive a fees holiday for the year commencing 1st April 2021.
- Agenda Item 19, Resolution 17: Wheel Easy Members subscribe a modest sum (currently £5pa) to cover running costs and events such as Travellers’ Tales, AGM, etc. As a club with no premises, our expenses are relatively low and less than subscription income. Over time we have therefore had an increasing bank balance which is circa £4,700 now. The committee has made donations to good causes from time-to-time. This resolution, if approved, is to seek formal Member approval for this practice within a formal framework in that the Management Committee will establish a maximum value both for individual donations and the sum of donations for each financial year, having regard to prudent financial management of the Company. The preference is to donate to registered charities. Other requests will be considered as long they meet HMRC definitions for Companies Limited by Guarantee, such as WELC. Members are encouraged to put forward suggestions for donations within this policy.